Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Jobs Job Arbeit Arbeitsstelle Jobsuche Business Konzept Hand mit Megafon, © picture alliance / Zoonar
This visa allows university graduates from countries outside the EU to seek an employment in Germany for up to six months. It supports the objective to secure an employment according to their qualifications within this timeframe. If the applicant fails to do so, the visa cannot be extended and he/she will be required to return to their country of usual residence.
General information on labor immigration for academics is available on www.make-it-in-germany.com
Once all required documents have been submitted, the application and supporting documents will be reviewed. As soon as the application has been approved, the Embassy will issue a national visa for 6 months.
Although the jobseeker visa is called a „national visa“, please note that it does also entitle its holder to enter other Schengen countries for a stay of up to 90 days for tourism purposes.
Please make sure to prepare two complete sets of the following documents collated in the order listed below and bring them to your appointment. Incomplete documentation may result in the rejection of your application.
- Passport, valid minimum nine months after entry in Germany
- Valid Italian resident permit
- Application form
- 2 passport size pictures, biometrical
- Curriculum vitae of professional career, specifying the certificates, diplomas, etc. you have obtained
- Motivation letter providing information on the planned course of action to secure a job (sector, region, accommodation) as well as any additional evidence of your preparations such as matching job offers and applications
- University degree, original and copy, AND if applicable: official translation into German or English. If your degree is not from a German or European University, it needs to be legalized.
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the duration of your intended stay in Germany (min. 934,- € per month), preferably secured through a blocked account
- Proof of housing in Germany incl. full address (e.g. rental agreement, hotel reservation or invitation letter in case of private accommodation with name, full address and passport copy of the inviting person)
- Proof of valid German health insurance for longterm purposes / residence purposes for the full 6 months, regular travel insurances are not sufficient
Please note: For jobseeker visa, German law requires confirmation by the „Kultusministerkonferenz“ that the foreign university degree is comparable to a German university degree and thus recognized in Germany. Please contact the Kultusministerkonferenz at email@example.com and apply for recognition of your degree.
The German Embassy in Rome reserves the right to ask for additional documents at any time during the processing of your application whenever deemed appropriate. Presenting the aforementioned documents does not guarantee that a visa will be granted.
The visa fee amounts to 75 EUR.